The Adorned Article Fine Handcrafted Sterling Silver and Gemstone Jewelry

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Top Three Tuesday: Top 3 Reasons You Shouldn't Get Any Work Done Today

Some days you just need to not get any work done-but you have to have a credible excuse ready or people will think you’re just being lazy. I totally understand-and in the interests of being an AWESOME friend to you I have prepared some excuses for you to use in the event that someone has the audacity to question your lack of productivity today. I’ve laid them out in no particular order - please feel free to embellish as needed.

Excuse No. 1 : I’m catching up on my reading…Reading is absolutely crucial if you want to sound important and smart-and when exactly are you supposed to get this reading done? Over the weekend when you should be out going to fabulous parties all night? No I don’t think so-you have make time for these things during the work week.


'Photo by [Kate Hiscock] (Creative Commons Attribution )'


Excuse No. 2: I’m bird watching…This is not as far fetched as you might think. The fact of the matter is that you're most likely on the verge of discovering an exotic unknown species of bird-this is VERY important work. These birds are not going to wait around until you finish that report for your boss-you need to work around their schedule.



'Photo by [Rachel Kramer] (Creative Commons Attribution )'


Excuse No. 3 :  I’m making coffee art…And let’s face it-your work is devastatingly beautiful it belongs in a museum. Anyone who can’t see the value in that has no decency.



'Photo by [Faruk Ateş] (Creative Commons Attribution )'

There you have it my darlings. Go forth and procrastinate with confidence. XO-S


No comments: