The Adorned Article Fine Handcrafted Sterling Silver and Gemstone Jewelry

Friday, July 8, 2011

It's About Time Friday.

Oddly enough this has been an extraordinarily long week considering it was only four days long. Yesterday was so long that by the time I got home from work I was searching the Internet for a commune to join. If you are also looking to join a commune I've got some good news and some bad news...The good news is that 1. They are no longer called 'communes' but Egalitarian Communities-which sounds a lot fancier. 2. I'm assured that non-hippies can in fact become members.
That's the good news.
The not so good and/or bad news is: 1. Most of these egalitarian communities seem to be located in areas that are bitterly cold in the winter. 2. You can't just show up and join-apparently there is a rather involved process sometimes referred to as 'soaking' in which you have to hang out for a few weeks, become acclimated to their way of life, leave for a minimum of two weeks and then if after that you want to come back maybe you can. So joining an egalitarian society on a whim/while your in a really bad mood/having a rough week-is no longer an option.
Don't fret! I've come up with an alternative...I'm going to become a Gypsy! In a pimped out pink Airstream and I will make jewelry and sell it on the side of the road. Everywhere. Definitely the way to go.

No comments: